Saturday, July 15, 2006

The Tribute Vice Pays to Virtue

Wes Clark on Dailykos:

I am a proud member of the Democratic Party, and I believe it is our party's responsibility to support the will of the Democratic primary voters in Connecticut. I personally look forward to supporting the candidate CT voters elect as the Democratic nominee. Though, as an aside, I must say I find it ironic that Senator Lieberman is now planning a potential run as an independent after he continually questioned my loyalty to the Democratic Party during the 2004 presidential primary.

Gee, for a guy with Lieberman's principled reputation, he sure seems to have a habit of saying whatever he thinks he needs to say to get what he wants. Of course I'm sure he only does it because he has the best interests of the nation at heart, and those best interests just happen to involve his perpetual presence at the center of power. In this, he's not all that different from someone we all remember.

No comments: