Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Excused Absence

Sorry I've been away so long. I've been busy outlining a movie script so that I can win a bet with bitterspice. (You'll learn not to bet me, Sweetheart.) I've also been preparing Diary of A Superfluous Man for podcast and organizing the auditions for same. And I've been trying to keep out of trouble with creditors and get a short story mailed to an editor who asked for it and...well, I could have just said I've been busy but where's the fun in that.

Thought to chew on:

Ten years ago, we impeached the President for saying, during an official inquiry into the adventures of his penis, that it depended on what the meaning of "is" was. Today we don't impeach a President whose administration asserts a difference between removing a detainee's clothes for "enhanced interrogation" and stripping him naked for torture. I guess it says a lot about what sorts of nudity we Americans prefer.

No comments: