Sunday, March 08, 2009

Rich People Of America, Have I Got A Deal For You

We've all heard the sad story of the dentist who plans to cut back her work hours so that her income will drop from $320,000 to $250,000, allowing her to avoid a 3% tax increase on the $70,000 difference. (Now I can't see the logic of dumping $70,000 in income just to avoid paying, at most, an extra $2,100 a year, but what do I know about money?) And I know how much it troubles her that she won't be able to do as much to serve her community as a result. So instead of cutting your hours back, Ms. Dentist, I've got a solution for you.

Give the money to me.

Not all your money, of course. Just the $70,000. Bring it to me in denominations of $10s and $20s. I won't give you a receipt so we can keep it off the books--no IRS fuss or anything. I'd stick it in a safe deposit box at the bank and dip into it as I needed it, and you could keep the $2,100 that would have gone to the evil Federal Government in your pocket. Do with it what you please. Buy yourself a 52 inch TV. Wouldn't that look good in your house right about now?

No. No. It's no trouble at all. I'd be sure to give that money a good home. Really, I'd thank you. Your patients would thank you. Your community would thank you. It's win-win-win!

1 comment:

Cheryl Harrington said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.