Sunday, November 13, 2005

A New Goof

Because the movie got me when I was a youngster, I take special pleasure in beating up Damien Omen II. But whoever runs Cold Fusion found a plot hole that, damn it all, didn't occur to me:

Unfortunately, the forces of EE-vil don't want Brugenhagen's next set of sacred daggers to make into Thorn's hands (is there a Blessed Vending Machine dispensing these things by the gross somewhere in the Holy Land?), and causes a cave-in, burying the two men for a good many years.

Yeah! The dinks who made the film forgot that the seven daggers--supposedly the only weapons in the world that can kill Damien--were with Robert Thorn in England. How did that bearded dude in Israel manage to get them back so fast, particularly when, in the opening scene, he's only just found out what happened to Gregory Peck? How the hell did I miss that?

No comments: