Thursday, May 12, 2005

Busy, Busy, Busy

Again, I apologize to whoever cares over the lack of posts. I've got the screenplay up to page fifty, but I'm worried that I don't have enough material to get me into the 100-110 page range. Even though I write long in prose, there's something about the screenwriting format that discourages volubilty. So now I have to add wrinkles to a script without falling into any of a number of thriller cliches. (I'll leave it to the hairdresser who rewrites my script to put those in, along with lines like "We've got a situation here." and "I just wanted to say, 'I'm sorry.'" I'll bet screenwriters have keyboard shortcuts for inserting those lines.) It's hard and thirsty work, gang. Plus, I've got a fellowship to apply for, a novel to peddle, and a summer tutoring schedule to plan. I'm swamped.

No comments: