Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Brian, No

Imdb reports that Brian DePalma wants to make a prequel to "The Untouchables" called "The Untouchables: Capone Rising". Why not "The Untouchables Episode I: Capone Rising"? A long time ago, in a lakeside metropolis far, far away...Yoda can say "Full of anger, this young mobster is."

I've seen "The Untouchables" a few times, and at no point did I ever think "Gee, I'd like to know what happened before this movie. It's just not complete for me." Brian, no. Please don't do this. This movie does not need to be made. Antione Fuqua does not need to direct it. Whoever you're hiring for best boy doesn't need to best boy it.

Remember life before this obsession with remakes and prequels? It was sunny and warm. There were puppies and kittens. Little kids flew kites on windy days. People seemed to laugh more then.

No comments: