Monday, February 06, 2006

In A World

Nathan Rabin over at the Onion AV Club blog discusses a movie trailer that asks whether anything you've seen can prepare you for Annapolis?

The answer to that is yes. Everything I've seen tells me that Annapolis will be a hackneyed, Frankenstein-monster of a movie consisting of the spliced together scenes of older movies that I've already seen. So in that sense, yes, I'm prepared for Annapolis. Now, what would prepare me to enjoy Annapolis? That's tougher, but I guess a night of whoring, liquor, Lamborghinis, hard drugs, and rampant mayhem involving dwarves, holstein cattle, and TV's John Stamos could leave me in enough of a stupor that I might like Annapolis. Remove any element from that list, though, and I'd probably decide to sneak into a better movie.

Rabin does ask a fun question though, which I'll leave it to you to answer, either in comments below or in the private reserves of your own souls: "Have you guys ever seen a film for which the 'nothing you've ever experienced can possibly prepare you for' hyperbole actually made any sense?"

No comments: